Ugh, I was struggling with mono, laying on the bed with my 3 year old, watching Arthur, Sesame Street, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility. My oldest was at BYU, four were in Robson, Taylor and Mesa High, and Holly was on the bed with me. It wasn't the most productive year of my life, but happily, it is behind me!
What were you doing 1 year ago?
I was a brand new YW president and feeling very inadequate and overwhelmed. Haha...some things never change! I'm taking it in stride a bit better these days.
Five snacks you enjoy.
Five songs you know all the words to.
- Grandpa's Farm
- When the Thunder Crashes
- Almost all the Monkees songs: Hey, Hey We're The Monkees, Last Train to Clarksville, I'm a Believer, etc. etc.
- There's A Kind of Hush
- Jumbo Elephant
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire.
- Find some way to feed starving children somewhere.
- Fund a cure for cancer. (yeah, I know, a million wouldn't touch it, but I'd try.)
- Hire someone to tear out my lawn and put in new sod. (Thus removing all the weeds from my grass.)
- Buy 3 new cars with zero miles on them. Nothing that fancy, just new.
- Try not to change my lifestyle....pretty much life as usual.
Five bad habits. Only five? Ah, there are so many to choose from.
- Procrastination. Especially phone calls.
- Going to bed without washing my face. I always brush my teeth, though, if that makes the gag reflex stop for you.
- Walking around in my pajamas as long as possible in the mornings before I have to get ready to go somewhere. I inevitably leave the getting ready a tad too long and have to rush.
- Staying up too late, getting up too late.
- Not planning dinner ahead of time. I'm working on that one. Still. Did much better this week! Yeah for me.
Does this all add up to L-A-Z-Y? I'm really not lazy...maybe just wannabe lazy?
Five things you like to do.
- Hang out with my family. Joy and Rejoicing!
- Sit on my front porch and watch it rain.
- Work in my yard.
- Get pedicures, play the piano, shop (sometimes) and go to church. Sorry that was cheating, but I couldn't leave some of those out. Again hard to choose only five.
Five things you will never wear again.
- U-Knits. Oh heavens, remember those???? How embarrassing.
- Polyester Pant Suits. Only the aged will remember, but they were the only "suit"able replacements for wearing dresses to school. Actually at the time they were pretty stylin', but I don't want to go back there.
- Size small anything. Boohoo.
- Saddle shoes.
- Ribbons in my hair. Kinda too old, dang it.
Five favorite toys.
- Computer. Although we have a love/hate relationship, I adore keeping in touch with my missionary, my family, and my friends via its fab magic. I love that I don't have to use carbon paper and white-out anymore.
- My garden scissors and pruners. :)
- Lawn Mower
Where will you be in ten years?
Good question. Maybe in Mongolia on a mission. Who knows? Hopefully wherever I am it will be in good health and with my best friend/husband, surrounded by my kids and grandkids. Do ya'll want to go on a mission with me?