It has been 18 months since a bundle of energy left our home for the outer reaches of Mongolia. How do we miss him? Let me count the ways.
1. Miss the energy...he is to the family like a spark plug is to the engine.
2. Miss the laugh...hearing it last night on the phone was fun.com.
3. Miss the hilarity... i.e. the chick magnet dance, fork and spoon pic from the Taj Mahal, twin hair picture with Tyler, etc. Every situation is more fun because he's there...he has a way of getting us all rolling. (Although I have to say, all of my children are pretty good in that department.)
4. Miss the acronymns he attaches to everything...I wonder if he has them in Mongolian?
5. Miss the sensitive side...he is emotionally open and feels deeply.
6. Miss the clothes on the bathroom floor...nah, not so much.
7. Miss trying to drag him out of bed in the morning...j/k...he is an early riser now. Go Yo!
8. Miss the little neat freak, OCD tendencies...so endearing. We call them Mitchisms.
9. Miss the sleeping antics...sleepwalking, hilarious conversations at 3 a.m., not hearing alarms that wake the neighbors across the street.
10. Miss the computer genius that patiently got me out of scrapes on a daily basis.
Well, that is a beginning of a long, long list of how I miss the kid. Do I want him back? Yep...but not for six months. I wouldn't bring him back today if I could. Isn't that weird? It just all goes to prove that sometimes the best way to love them is to let them go. And when he is back home, we will miss the weekly diet of uplifting and miraculous letters, the phone calls twice a year, and knowing he is in exactly the right place at the right time doing the right thing. Love you, Eddude!